You are here
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- All fabricated & supplied items remain the property of the Albert Road Forge until payment is received in full.
- No guarantee is given to brickwork on to which gates, railings, or posts are fixed too, unless constructed by Albert Road Forge recommended contractor.
- A deposit representing 50% of the order value will be required on commencement of works, when custom manufactured goods are required such deposit must accompany the order.
- A handling charge of 50% will be levied in respect of orders for standard products cancelled before dispatch. The company reserves the right to make additional charges if any costs have been incurred attributable to the order (including planning, materials, loss of profit etc.). Orders cancelled after dispatch from the company may be charged in full.
- If an order is cancelled and items have been manufactured the deposit is non-refundable.
- Drilling into any kind of paving slabs for the fixing of drop bolts & railings etc, cannot be guaranteed against cracking or breaking but advice will be given before any fixing commences.
- Regarding the setting of steel posts for the hanging of gates & railings, once they have been fixed into the ground, they will be shown to the customer to be level and upright as no responsibility can be taken once Albert Road Forge or any contractor employed by Albert Road Forge has left the work site on completion of fitting.
- Regarding the fitting of gates & railings to customer existing walls or brickwork, if unforeseen problems arise an extra fitting payment may be charged.
- When excavating on a customer premises Albert Road Forge will accept no responsibility for damage to any amenity services to which we have not been made aware of.
- Paragraph 9 also includes Cable TV, Telephone cables, Satellite TV cables & any other cables that Albert Road Forge are unaware of.
- The quality of all goods is warranted as suitable for their purpose when maintained and used in accordance with the written instructions provided by the manufacture, regular monthly inspection and testing of automatic installations, together with specialist attention at least annually, is advisable.
- Moving parts present a particular hazard to animals and children who should be restrained. Automation systems abutting a place accessible by the public or subject to use by the elderly or disabled should be equipped with a device warning of motion.
- Albert Road Forge will ensure that the equipment supplied or installed meets Health and Safety requirements. Installation work will be carried out to the highest professional standard compatible with customer satisfaction. Manufactures recommendations and current I.E.E wiring regulations will be observed.
- The purchaser is responsible for maintaining compliance with Health & Safety and for local planning and all other laws and regulations that may be applicable.
- The liability of the company is limited to repair or replacement at our sole discretion, of parts deemed in our opinion to be defective. A 50% restocking charge will be levied in respect of parts found on inspection to be faultless.
- Prices of goods and materials supplied may be subject to variation and the price charged would be that published in the relevant price list ruling at the time of delivery from the manufacturers.
- Following the acceptance of a quotation Albert Road Forge will carry out a full site technical survey and following such surveys the company reserves itself the right to vary the original quotation.
- Prices quoted provide for the completion of the work described; builders works together with any making good and all cabling, including the provision of a suitable power supply to the gate opening position is not normally included unless specifically stated.
- Additional work to that specified or any repairs found necessary to existing fittings during the process of installation shall be subject to additional charges.
- The painting of any item by Albert Road Forge is covered for 6 months for external work, providing it is not caused by customer damage
- Any complaints or queries regarding completed fabricated items & supplied items must be brought to the attention of Albert Road Forge within 48 hours from date of delivery or fitting.
- Customers will not be covered by our insurance if they are injured in any way if in our vicinity while we are using any equipment to complete the fitting of any item supplied or not supplied by Albert Road Forge.